Image Map

Monday, September 19, 2016

A Note to the Reader

Now, like I am sure many of you have, I often wonder why my life is such a mess, why everything falls apart a the exact wrong moment. Like when your swimming at the beach and a wave comes just as your bikini string comes untied.So naturally you don't have a chance to grab the ties before the wave topples you over and you are now topless and your bikini is filled with sand. In places you didnt even know sad could be.
I like to think of this as a pretty accurate representation of my whole life   how life can be unusually cruel.
Now I am not here to whine about how bitterly unfair my life can be, I am actually here to amend this fact. You may be wondering how I (a girl of no extra-ordinary talent what-so-ever) am going to do that and well..... I have been thinking the exact same thing. So if you are here for a miracle fix, I honestly don't have one.

So let me tell you why I am here. Since "re-branding" my blog to Becoming Yasmine. In my eyes, the whole point was to express that I am on a journey, a silly, crazy, messed up, imperfect journey. In order to use this space as I had always intended, as a creative outlet, I only want one thing; realism. I want to be excited to share my triumphs and not scared to share my failings because everyone has good and bad, everyone has skills and flaws and I have decided I shouldn't have to be modest or ashamed of these.
I am who I am ,and I am forever changing. This is where I intend to share that journey.

So I am here to tell you that my life is a mess, my bed isn't made, my makeup isn't on fleek, My hair is up in a typical "study" bun. (Which is funny because no study is actually going down) and I haven't brushed my teeth all day. Here is me, the real me from now on I'm making a promise to myself and to you, to present myself to you completely unfiltered. From my feels to yours. Good and Bad.






No comments:

Post a Comment