Image Map

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

My Beautiful Battle (Entry 3) A Long Awaited Update, Therapy & Self Growth

Disclaimer: This is just my personal experience and I am not an expert. Mental illness is a very sensitive topic, if any of you feel like you may be triggered or negatively impacted by talk about this topic, please don't read this post. It is also a very personal topic and it manifests differently in every individual. So if commenting please remember, 
only kindness. 





Hey strangers,
It's been a minute. I've been meaning to come back here and update you guys for a while now, but I have been busy attending to some other things. Instagram (@becomingyasmine) is the best place to get in touch if I am ever MIA over here on my blog, though I promise I will try. I have so many ideas, so many drafts but so many more self doubts; which I am working on.

So that just about brings me to this post. I have erased this post numerous times because I honestly don't even know why I am writing. Mostly because I feel so out of touch with blogging right now that I just want to word vomit. But I will try to keep it interesting and as much to the point as I can.

This is basically an update on how I have been away, and what I have been doing.
I have been attending to my feelings (which sounds silly to say) but to be honest I feel a lot;
especially since starting my therapy and trying to get myself back into school. After 22 years of life I am still learning how to deal with all the negative thoughts and emotions that arise as a result of having a mental illness. Which is okay, good even. I hope I continue to learn for the rest of my life, it has really been great in helping me to (semi) function when things get difficult. Even if it is mostly trial and error, when I find something that helps me cope or makes my life easier I cling to it for dear life!

Most of my energy has been spent trying to leave the house, take back my life and let myself grow. I
have been in my comfort zone trying to avoid doing things for fear of having a panic attack or feeling terrible for far too long. So I am working on myself. A LOT.
Which I do plan to share with you, in fact I think I will have much more to share now that I am feeling less afraid of living.
Thank you for letting me grow, thank you for giving me time, you guys are amazing.
Back soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment