Image Map

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Another Year Gone, Not Another Year Wasted!






Is it just me? Or has this year has gone too fast, again. Every year the world seems to spin faster and faster around the sun and it's becoming a little terrifying. I'm imagining being 90 and feeling like in one blink a year flies by.
Now that the year is coming to an end, I can't help but look back and wonder if I have spent my time well, achieved enough and made the most of my year. A lot of "what if's" and "should haves" seem to be bothering me and I am fairly sure I am not the only one that feels these December blues.

But as I looked closer as 2016 I began to see that although I am still not any closer to a dream job and I haven't even started my degree. These are only among some of my goals and dreams and this year didn't turn out to be about that. 
This year, 21, I will likely remember as the year that changed my life forever. Because for lack of better words, I became more, Me! 

I learned more about the kind of person I wanted to be, than in all of my other 20 years put together. I feel like I gained some "much-ness",some good opinions, some awesome knowledge and a lot of self confidence. I have stumbled upon concepts that will help me for the rest of my life as well as some amazing people that will also be here for the ride. 

So here is a little photo diary of some of my favourite things that 2016 gave me.






First of all, I just want to talk about all the changes that I can't really show you in a photograph. But things I am so incredibly proud of and really wanted to include.

First of all, my switch to a vegan lifestyle, this has given me much more of an understanding of my own values and beliefs, as well as a better relationship with food in general. I will post more about this in the future as I think my journey has only really began, but it is still one of the best things I have done with my year.
My embracing of the concept "minimalism" has completely changed how I buy things and how I treat the things that I already own. It also unexpectedly helped with my anxiety as I had less things cluttering my day and could spend more time on myself.
But the most important thing that these lifestyle changes have brought me is a sense of confidence, in who I am, what my place is in the world and how I want to continue to live my life. Going into 2017 I feel like I have a lot more direction and confidence in my own abilities.







































One of the biggest highlights of my year was moving back in with my all time best friend, Jinty. I moved into a beautiful old queenslander, which gave me enough space and allowed me to get my beautiful 11 year old cat back. She has helped me through some of the toughest times and I love her grumpy little face and her soft snuggles.




I think it is safe to say that most of my year has been enriched by cats. Here is another beautiful blessing for my year. This handsome little guy, Raekwon. This little guy has been the sunshine of my life since he came into it.
He is a dorky and beautiful natured addition to our little family, bringing me so much joy and laughter with his kitty heart.






Saving the best for last, I started seeing this amazing man and all the pieces fit so well we are already living together. This has been by far the best part of my year. I found an awesome housemate, a caring partner and a best friend for the rest of my life, a place for my cats and for my heart. 




All in all this year has been amazing to me. I have had so many beautiful things come into my life and I don't think I could have hoped for more. I loved writing this, reflecting over my year made me feel so much happiness and thanks for all the blessings that came my way this year. I hope you are all inspired to do the same.
Until next time, thank you so much for reading and enjoy the festive season!


No comments:

Post a Comment