Image Map

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Hey 2017, Let's Be Friends.






Hey guys. Hey 2017.
Its been a minute since my blog has been active. I was having some navigation issues with my blog that should be all fixed by the time you read this. I hope everyone had a really safe and happy new year!

Before I go any further I would like to make a little disclaimer: This post contains mild talk of mental health problems, specifically depression, if you think you may be upset by this please don't read on! Feel free to click away if you are sensitive to such talk. Also sorry in advance if this post is long, I feel like I haven't written in ages. Maybe you should grab some snacks and a beverage it may help you make it too the end. Here is a little catch-you-up on my life.

I suppose you could say that my "holiday" started earlier than expected. Although not exactly on my favourite terms. As I found that I was falling rapidly into that pit of overwhelming despair. That one without mercy, that can only be felt by those of us weighed down by depression.

January was a large saddened blurr for the most part. However, this blog has never been about complaining, or sympathy votes. But a place for me to freely express myself unfiltered, not only for my sanity's sake, but also for capturing moments of my life, in all it's ups and downs.










Although 2017 was welcomed in rather terribly, with a chest infection, a brain that's trying to kill me and 2 weeks off work before an overseas trip, but at least I have gotten to spend a lot of time with a beautiful caring man who took some time off work to support me. One of the reasons I wanted to include this was because it means a lot to me and I want it to be one of the things I remember about this time. I never want to forget the overwhelming amount of support I get from all my loves ones during difficult times.


Whilst I was too caught up in my own head and suffering, Nick took the time of work to care for me. We went on down to my parents house, where there is not only my beautiful family, but also a good dog, my favourite beach and delicious food. All of these turned out to be the winning combination that brought me out of my head and back to all my loved ones.















Another pro to the many days locking myself in the house is; I have had a bunch of free time to think about this coming year. My directions and goals and whatnot.
This year, I want to start small again and focus on basics. To find happiness just existing as myself exactly as I am. To feed myself nutritious food and make sure I go outside enough. To talk nicely to myself and drink lots of water. Make sure I get enough sunshine and fresh air. I feel like some of these basics I lost sight of, in the quest for something "more".

As I briefly touched on, I will be going overseas really soon. Visiting Singapore and Malaysia, I am obviously crazy excited for all the good times ahead and you all should be too! I will be doing another daily travel blog series so I can capture and share my snippets of the world. So stay tuned! I might even be there by the time you read this post!








As far as this year for my blog, I don't have a plan for it. I want to remove the pressure of NEEDING to create. I will be posting regularly about a plethora of things to come into my life throughout the year. But only when I feel passionate and inspired.
The balance of my blog has been difficult for me, as I want to be transparent in my life. I believe it is just as important to document the hard times as the good. But there are some challenges I have faced when making content and trying to connect with you all! I have never wanted to upset or trigger my readers if they have been suffering as well. Nor do I want anyone to be comparing their lives to mine in an unhealthy way. You are good enough just as you are.
So please do me a favour and as I continue to share on this blog PLEASE use it to be inspired in your own life. To make the life surrounding you beautiful and to show gratitude to your loved ones. Especially with a lot of awesome fun posts coming up, I want you all to know the life on my blog (although I try to share as honestly as possible) is filtered and not actually as beautiful and as perfect as my blog posts may depict.



The beginning of my year has definitely been a challenge, but not without reward. I now have an amazing holiday to go on tomorrow! So I will talk to you all, then!

I hope this post wasn't too long, it's kinda hard to tell. I really enjoyed writing it so thats all the matters. Thank you all for reading, as always. I hope to see you all tuning in for my travels and for the rest of my 2017. I am so excited to be sharing another year with you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment