Image Map

Sunday, February 05, 2017

4-02-2017 Travel Trail (Day 4) Travelling to Malacca, Night Markets.

Hey friends and welcome back to another day in my life!

I have been excited to see lots of my family and friends tuning in to see what I have been up to on my holiday. Also welcome to any new people that may have only just found me.

Today wasn't the most interesting day, much like day 1. There was a lot of sitting and waiting, but when when we did arrive in the beautiful city of Malacca it was well worth the bus rides.
A big chunk of the city here is all Heritage Listed and they are doing some beautiful restorations, I came to Malacca with my family (A few years ago) and to see how much work they have done and how much more preserved everything is, is great!

So let's hop into it!






Day 4:


Yes, Nick is applying Sunscreen in the Background #realness 


Today was the day we said goodbye to the beautiful city of Singapore. See you in two weeks!


The hotel we stayed at was great and located right in little India. It was a little sad to be leaving, but the excitement and promise of new adventures outweighs that for sure.












With a quick (liquid) breakfast of some freshly squeezed juice, we were on our way to Malacca.






The buses and stations were packed with people buzzing around going about their lives. People watching is one of my favourite (and not creepy) hobbies, after all, it's not everyday you get to immerse yourself in many different cultures, so even seeing people live out their day to day lives is always interesting ( to me anyway).









After a couple bus rides we were in Malaysia! I even got in a decent nap on a super comfortable bus, so it wasn't all bad.





There were beautiful sights to see out the windows, I had an arsenal of my favourite music and my essential (For me) zip up hoodie.
















Yes, I know, it is the middle of summer, and that Asia is SUPER HOT! But on the buses, planes and even in my hotel room. I need to get rugged up! Aircon over here is one hectic cold beast.










It was all beautiful sights and clear skies; until we reached Malacca.

Then there was a short period of super heavy rain, but as if there was a higher power smiling upon us, it stopped just before we had to get off the bus. What timing!






After not eating most of the day, we were both pretty hungry with food (and the bathroom) in mind we wandered around the station at Malacca Central.
I was super excited to find a Subway.
I know how boring, not Malaysian cuisine at all (I accept the tag of lame white girl). But It's tasty and you get to pick what you want, so great for vegans and everyone! The sandwich was delicious, maybe cause I was starving, but either way, I thoroughly enjoyed it.




Afterwards, we caught a cab to our hotel. I have been warned about cab calling a bunch of times, (which are people who are not legitimate cabbies and charge you way to much). So we booked our cab through the place provided at the station, which ended up being 20 ringgit.



Also the money here is super pretty and they even have 1$ and 2$ notes! Which we have as coins in Australia. For some reason I really like the foreign currencies so I really wanted to include it.









We made it to our hotel thanks to our driver, who was really good at navigating the crazy traffic and seemingly optional road rules. I am just glad it wasn't me driving or there would have been a lot of waterworks.



Our hotel is really pretty, with a giant pool and really friendly staff, it was nearly the same price (per night) as the place we stayed in Singapore, but totally worth it!










There are also heaps of cute cats living here around the hotel, which is a nice reminder of home, because I miss my little fur babies. They are mostly pretty friendly and I will probably be a sucker and buy them some cat biscuits to befriend them all. Because I am a crazy cat lady, and okay with it.








After a rest and relax we checked out the night markets, which were a lot of fun. We even caught one of the really flashy bikes, with loud music and a (really fit) man who peddled us around!

I totally chose the Hello Kitty one. Which was crazy and pretty and really tacky ( in the best way)











The markets were beautiful and very very busy, but a pleasure to walk around. The streets for Malacca at night are super beautiful so I can't wait to see them during the day.



Here a a few snaps from the markets and our beautiful walk home, along the river and around the stunning streets of Malacca.






While we were there I got myself a beautiful henna tattoo, from a super friendly lady!
After our big adventure we retired to our hotel once more, I also got to have a really nice bath and soak my sore feet. Holidays are a lot of walking, that's for sure!


Thank you all so much again for stopping in, I love writing these posts and it's awesome when I see that people love to read them.



I hope to see you all again tomorrow for another fun filled day of sightseeing!



No comments:

Post a Comment