Image Map

Monday, February 06, 2017

5-02-2016 Travel Trail (Day 5) Exploring Melaka





Hello and welcome back! 

Today is Day 5 of my journey around South East Asia, today was a very quiet day. We wandered around and explored Melaka, stopping by the the night markets again. But to be honest all I wanted to do today was have the biggest nap ever. 

So today will  just mostly be photos of this stunning city, as we wandered around eating food and taking photos. I hope you enjoy!




Melaka now seems to be home to a lot more shopping centres than I remember, people seem to love them! I think we have been to just as many malls as markets. 

Anyways, on our walk through the mall across from our hotel, they had a boost juice. Which was the best news ever for me, a smoothie for breakfast is always a delicious way to start they day. 




The food court was huge and nearly empty, even at 11 it seemed many of the shops were still shut because everything seems to be open until really late at night (it's probably too hot during the day)


After a thoroughly enjoyed smoothie we wandered around exploring the streets of Malacca. 





Although there is a lot of new developments, big brand names and shopping malls, they have definitely done a great job of restoring some of the old things as well as adding some beautiful artwork and many aesthetically pleasing things to look at. 

As I mentioned earlier today I was tired (and also grumpy) which probably showed up in my photos a little. But here are some of my favourite shots that I captured. 















After a decent amount of time exploring and walking we were hungry again and what is a holiday is if it is not filled with eating?! So I chose to go to a place in China Town called the Melting pot. 

 I see now that this was a grave mistake. After all "melting" isn't really how I wanted my mouth to feel. But after indulging in a delicious, but incredibly (for me) spicy rice. My insides and mouth and everything was on fire. So much so that Nick had to eat most of my meal too.

But it was tasty and I will learn to love chilli one day. Here is a photo of the culprit rice, it doesn't look very spicy but looks are deceiving.








So after a (slightly traumatic meal). We found a supermarket near our house, got some snacks and supplies and headed back home. Where I slept all day until 10pm when Nick woke me up for some dinner. It was a much needed and well enjoyed nap. 




I woke up feeling a lot less grumpy and sleepy, so we decided to head back to the markets again, since we enjoyed them so much last time. There was also lots of yummy looking street stalls with food last night, so we went back to enjoy them. 

There was a stall with heaps of deep fried vegetables and tofu and even some wontons, which was great, as a lot of stalls were mostly meat based. 
But I found this little diamond and I was glad I did. 










After some grazing we walked around and I took some more night photos. These are all taken on my phone, so I hope they are okay! Sometimes I wonder if it takes better photos than I do. 

















The day turned out to be a really relaxing one, when a nap took me by surprise. Unfortunately not the most interesting for all you guys. But I had a really lovely day (and night) as my first full day in Melaka. I hope there was some photos that do Melaka justice because it really is super beautiful and I would recommend visiting, the people are always lovely and willing to help too. Also I haven't had anyone have a problem changing a dish to vegan either. Which is awesome. 

I hope you guys really enjoyed reading, even if it was pretty short and sweet, I will see you all tomorrow. 














No comments:

Post a Comment