Image Map

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

6-02-2017 Feeling Homesick (Day 6)


"Have you ever been somewhere you are meant to love, but all you can think of is home" - Unknown 

Hello my lovely people,



Today won't be one of my usual travel posts, In case you haven't guessed, but will be travel related nonetheless. I had full intentions of doing another daily travel post, but that wouldn't really be very interesting unless I embellished it. So as always I want to be 110% honest with my experiences and what I am going through and have decided to make a post surrounding my feelings of homesickness and how I have been dealing with it whilst travelling abroad.


If you aren't particularly interested, please feel free to come back tomorrow for everything should (hopefully) be back to normal.
P.s A lot of these photos you may have seen before, especially if you follow my Instagram (which you totally should)









I just want to start by saying there is nothing wrong with feeling homesick. I am blessed to have to many new sights and experiences and I am also very lucky to have so many wonderful things to come home to when I have finished my travels abroad. These feelings of being misplaced often don't go away, so I just have to do this (travel) a little lost.

My feelings make sense to me. After all I am travelling in a predominantly Muslim country,  as a pale skinned women with red hair. There is a lot of staring, the faces are different, the places are different. I am different.
I love to travel, don't get me wrong I wouldn't give it up if it meant I couldn't go home again, but sometimes I need to be reminded of all the beautiful things that will still be there upon my return. As someone somewhere said, absence makes the heart grow fonder; and they weren't wrong.
So here is just a glimpse of the many beautiful faces and places that feel like home.





























Thank you guys for reading and viewing some of my favourite things, this post helped me to feel a million times better, connecting with you, seeing some familiar things and being able to share my experiences with you. I hope to see you all tuning in again tomorrow when I post another Travel Trail
of the things I get up to! Until then,


2 comments: