Image Map

Thursday, February 09, 2017

7-02-2017 Travel Trail (Day 7) More Melaka, Museums and Touristy Things.

 Hello everyone,

I just want to start by saying a big thank you to all the people who reached out to me because of my last post. I was already feeling heaps better by the end of that post, but now I am feeling on top of the world with all the love and support from you lovely people.

Today I had a new found inspiration to explore Melaka, as I will be sadly leaving this stunning city tomorrow. Onward to Kuala Lumpar for the Hindu Thaipusam festival. Which will be an experience for sure! We indulged in some of the more touristy things to do in Melaka, because why not. It's our last day and there are definitely a lot of things to see in this bustling little city.

I hope you enjoy my little recount for today, there will be quite a few photos but I personally think that's a good thing. Text is boring anyways. I would highly recommend visiting this city for some of the very well preserved history it has to offer. This was my last day in Melaka so obviously we couldn't get around to doing everything but here is what we did get up to today.







On our walk through the city centre, where the beautiful heritage sites are, I took a few more sneaky photos to say goodbye.























Melaka is filled with beautifully kept gardens and parks, with people working there most days to help maintain them, I assume this offers some jobs to the people of Melaka, which is always a positive. The people all also seem really friendly in this part of the world, they always smile and say hello and the surprisingly few times we got lost people were eager to help.

As I have said 100 times I will be quite sad to leave.









Our first stop was, again back in China Town. It seems most of the things to see in this city are really close, if not inside China Town.
Which is fine by me because there are lots of pretty things to see and it's pretty much always bustling.






This time we went in to see an old shop house that has been restored.  It didn't look like very much, but it was a really good experience. I took a bunch of photos, the more the merrier in my opinion. The address for any people interested is 8 Heeren st Melaka, China Town.


This once shop house has been restored to show tourists and residence of Melaka the beauty of these little houses and how well can can be restored into a modern living arrangement, with so much open living and a lot of space, I would totally live there.

The front of the place, which would have once been where the store was set up, had been converted into an information room and office. The lovely guide was very friendly and eager to discuss the history of the project.


 




The first floor, after the front room was an open living area with a beautiful courtyard open to the sky, There was a cute little dining set and even a well with a few little fishes swimming about.







































Upstairs there was a family living area as well as a large bedroom. The little house also had two bathrooms. Most houses like this are home to the average sized Malaysian family, with 2 or 3 children.

One bedroom large bedroom where everyone would sleep.




Another really interesting thing was the walls were all made of porous materials that help to keep in the moisture in and cool down the houses.

Many places on the walls had started peeling and needed to be repaired because the materials used were corals and sand, which do not last as long as the common concrete. As concrete wouldn't allow the house to breathe.


After that lovely little house tour we went on our way back into the centre of the city where there is a boat replica, unless you are particularly interested in this sort of stuff, I wouldn't recommend it as it was a bit pricey and my favourite part was actually the view from the boat. To be honest I felt a little claustrophobic down in the bottom of the ship.
Now I know, I wouldn't do well at sea.
But here are the photos that I did take, it was still really pretty and did have a audio tour available that would be more informative.












I think my favourite place we visited during the day time was the Sultans palace, I had been there before and I enjoyed it so much I went back this visit.









There was a large beautiful garden, which was a really nice walk and had many beautiful flowers and we all know by now that I am a sucker for flowers.






One of the cutest things there were these little plastic bottle planters, which is a super good idea on how to up-cycle plastic bottles to prevent them for entering land fill.
I literally might steal this idea and hang a bunch of little succulents on my back verandah when I get back home.







                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Every part of the palace was beautiful decorated. Embellished with tiles, beautiful wooden carvings and beautiful fabrics, there was display case, after display case of plates and weapons; gowns and hats and nearly anything from the sultans era.                                                                                                                                          There were even little set ups of people who would be apart of the running of the palace, as well as traders who would come from many places around to the world to do trade with the Sultan.                                                                                                                                                        Every wall was adorned with art and murals dedicated to the time when the sultan lived here. All with unique stories. As I said, this was one of my favourite visits of the day and I would recommend it to you all!                                                                                                                                                                                 

             










                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            After our morning explorations we were in serious need of a rest we went home and  fed some more of our new stray cat friends.                                                                                                                                                                                        Then  didn't come out until it was time for us to see the last of the tourist attractions, the ones best seen at night. 



The main night time attraction are a boat ride along the river of Melaka and a giant pin that takes you up into the sky to see the city from above, instead of writing about it all I'm just going to show the the photos that I took because to the honest my blog photos and text really don't want to be put beside each other today and the spacial part of my blog is have serious issues, my apologies. 

Also I am not the best night time photographer ever, as I have no idea what I am doing, most of my photos were quite blurry (tips appreciated). 
So here are all my (acceptable) night time photos: 







So there was a recap of my last day in Melaka, I had a much better time experiencing it than writing this post, since my blog was having some serious malfunctions; or I was it's hard to tell. Either way I hope you enjoyed this, even if it is a couple days late. Melaka was beautiful, I will miss it. You should all go and visit one day. 

Thank you so much for reading this and if you got to the end you're amazing, I always wonder if anyone finished these longer ones. But if you did I love you and I appreciate it because this post was a bitch to write. Sorry if it seemed a little rushed, but towards the end I was pretty done. 
See you all when I see you, I promise to catch you all up on what I have been up to. But I don't plan on stopping my holiday to write all these posts so the come when they come. 
Bye until next time, 






















No comments:

Post a Comment